Give your clients a gorgeous French pink and white set of gel nails using The Artisan uControl Sculpting Builder Gel.
If your client desires a natural looking nail, stay tuned for how to do a French manicure that they will love for weeks!
The first steps for how to do a French manicure using Artisan gel products starts with prepping your client’s nails.
How to do a French Manicure: Prep the Nails
- How to do a French manicure starts with a sculptured nail and placing the form on the client’s nails. Make sure the form fits very well to the nail.
- Using the Artisan uControl Clear Builder Gel, apply a layer down the natural nail. Do not touch the cuticle.
- Grabbing more of the clear gel with your brush, carry this layer along the free edge of the nail. Really build that nail at the free edge line.
- Cure for about three minutes.
- Decide, while the nails are curing, which gel you should use. Use either the
Artisan uControl Crystal Pink Builder Gel
- After the nails have been cured, using the Artisan Multi-Purpose Gel Nail Cleanser, remove the sticky residue from the nail.
- Remove the form.
How to do a French Manicure: Step-By-Step
- It’s time to shape the nail. Using an emery board, shape the nail starting at the sidewalls. At this stage, the nail is not as strong since there hasn’t been a lot of strength or structure created yet so be gentle.
- Blend the cuticle and nail bed and remove shine with the emery board.
- Brush off any particles.
- Doing a reverse French manicure, take a bead of the pink gel and apply to the nail bed. Apply at the cuticle and rest of nail bed area. In a downward motion, bulldoze the rest of the gel down at the smile line. Cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply another layer of pink gel right at the smile line and then blend back towards the cuticle. Cure again for 30 seconds.
- Now it’s time to apply the white for the tip. Using the Artisan uControl Ultra White Builder Gel.
Pick up a bead of the white gel and push and smooth up to the smile line and smooth down the rest of the tip. Cure again.
- Repeat step 6 with second coat of white gel. Cure for 3 minutes.
- Wipe the nail with the gel cleanser again.
- File the sidewalls and shape the nail. Blend the cuticle and surface. Do this lightly. Then buff the nails.
- To seal the nail, either apply another layer of the clear gel or apply a layer of the Artisan Instant Seal Non Cleanse Gel Nail Sealer. Cap the edges. Cure again for 2 minutes.
- Rub cuticle oil into the cuticle and wipe off excess.