Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, The Nail Superstore has designated a copyright legal counsel to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide The Nail Superstore the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
The Nail Superstore's Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached by mail at:
The Nail Superstore
Attn: Legal Counsel
3804 Carnation St
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- The Nail Superstore may remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- The Nail Superstore may forward the written notification to such alleged infringer; and
- The Nail Superstore may take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If the alleged infringer believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with The Nail Superstore.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the The Nail Superstore for Notice that includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which The Nail Superstore may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- The Nail Superstore may promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
- The Nail Superstore may inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
- The Nail Superstore may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided The Nail Superstore's Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on The Nail Superstore's network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
All arbitration or court proceedings to be in the State of Illinois.